GeoKrety Poland - Germany Express

This is the place where you can post your questions regarding geocaching in Poland. You need to logon first. It takes only few seconds.

Moderator: Moderatorzy

Awatar użytkownika
Grimpel
Nowy na forum
Podziękował;: 0
Otrzymał podziękowań: 1 raz

GeoKrety Poland - Germany Express

Post autor: Grimpel »

Hi everybody!
I´m Grimpel, a german geocacher living in Berlin. Watching the success of GeoKrety, I see a lot of German GeoKrets only travelling within Germany. :shock: My idea is to establish two GeoKretMotels, one located close to the motorway between Berlin and Frankfurt (Oder) and the other one in Poland. Both caches listed on opencaching.pl and opencaching.de in Polish, English and German. Just to help GeoKrets crossing the border.

I would care for the cache in Germany... So I`m looking for a Polish partner to run that project:
:?: Would you set up a GeoKretMotel on the Polish side between Poznan and Frankfurt (Oder)?
:?: Could you help me with the Polish translation? (Język polski to dla mnie bułka z masłem. :oops: :lol:)

Comments, suggestions & assistance welcome!

Thank you in advance,
Grimpel
Awatar użytkownika
filips
Forumator
Podziękował;: 13 razy
Otrzymał podziękowań: 81 razy
Kontakt:

Post autor: filips »

Great idea! I can help to create the translation. Unfortunatelly, I live in the center of Poland, quite far from the border...
Awatar użytkownika
Grimpel
Nowy na forum

So at least one likes the idea... :roll:
If nobody is out there willing to run a GeoKretMotel close to the border, I have another iron in the fire: We might set up a Warszawa-Berlin-Express, creating a wormhole by using parcel-post!
What about this one, eh?
Thathanka
Wyjadacz
Podziękował;: 19 razy
Otrzymał podziękowań: 11 razy

Post autor: Thathanka »

If you like, I can make the hotel/motel in/near Gdansk (Danzig).
Awatar użytkownika
Grimpel
Nowy na forum

Of course, that would be nice! So I set up a
  • Mole-hole Gdansk (GeoKretExpress Berlin-Gdansk)
    From time to time I collect the GeoKrets in there and send them by parcel-post to you!? And then they appear somewhere in a cache in/near Gdansk...
  • You do the same vice versa?
One day we may have a complete Mole-hole-system across europe... :D
Thathanka
Wyjadacz

Grimpel pisze:You do the same vice versa?
Sure, no problem. I often send packages to Germany, so one more makes no difference for me. Idea of GeoKretExpress may be fun. :)
Awatar użytkownika
filips
Forumator
Kontakt:

I will prepare the appropriate info at geokrety.org. Maybe we should make a list of all GK hotels? In opencaching.pl we have some of them. What about Germany?
Awatar użytkownika
filips
Forumator
Kontakt:

Tatanka pisze:If you like, I can make the hotel/motel in/near Gdansk (Danzig).
I can also set up a GK hotel on the 7-route (Warsaw-Gdańsk) (or we can use the existing one nearby).
Thathanka
Wyjadacz

For the motel I'll try to find some nice place on the route of Prussian Eastern Railway: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prussian_Eastern_Railway :)
Awatar użytkownika
trojmiasto
Administrator
Podziękował;: 10 razy
Otrzymał podziękowań: 7 razy

Post autor: trojmiasto »

Please notice that we already have GK Hotel in Gdansk - http://opencaching.pl/viewcache.php?cacheid=4449 - but, of course, it would be nice to see a new one :), so feel free.
Jest co prawda gorzej niż było, ale za to lepiej niż będzie.
Awatar użytkownika
Grimpel
Nowy na forum

filips pisze:Maybe we should make a list of all GK hotels? In opencaching.pl we have some of them. What about Germany?
In Germany GC is dominating our hobby, so we have plenty of TravelBug-Hotels, some of them are listed on OC as well and welcome Geokrets. The only real GeoKretMotel I´ve found on OC is "Bunkerwald 13 - GeoKrety Zwischenlager", the owner tried to list that on GC, but it´s never been published there... Owner is F-U-Z-Y (produced 59 GKs but released only half of them...)
Travel-services I know:
StarGate(only TravelBugs, no GeoKrets accepted)
travelnode.de (GeoKrets allowed, but very slow, sometimes poor/missing logs of GeoKrets, these guys seem to be more familiar with TravelBugs)
And there are several cache-to-cache services like
"Go to Olsberg" (in the essence a TB-Motel)

So a worldwide list of GK Motels on GeoKrety.org would probably encourage people to run a GeoKretMotel in the german GK-diaspora. (Maybe you should suggest a consistent naming e.g. "GeoKretMotel xyz" to make it more comfortable to find them in the OC-databases.)

And one step beyond we can try to set up a long-distance-travelsystem ("Mole-hole xyz").

Ready to rumble! :lol: Grimpel
Awatar użytkownika
Grimpel
Nowy na forum

trojmiasto pisze:
Please notice that we already have GK Hotel in Gdansk...
Just to avoid confusion, in my understanding
  • a GK hotel/motel is an easy-to-reach cache, close to an airport/motorway/railroad station, big enough to host some GK. Cachers may grab or drop GK.
  • a GK mole-hole is something different, cachers only drop GK (to go one-way to a special town/area). Only the cache-owner grabs them and sends them to their destination! Parcel-post and a co-partner make them appear in the appropriate town/area.
I suggest that Tatanka (thanks for your offer) and me run pilot mole-holes Gdansk-Berlin & Berlin-Gdansk to see if everything works out fine.
Is that ok?
Awatar użytkownika
Saracen
Forumator
Podziękował;: 23 razy
Otrzymał podziękowań: 12 razy

Post autor: Saracen »

Hi!
If you want, I willingly help in the project in Silesia in Katowice.
Awatar użytkownika
Grimpel
Nowy na forum

Saracen pisze:Hi!
If you want, I willingly help in the project in Silesia in Katowice.
Great! So we´ve already 4 mole-hole bases (Warszawa, Gdansk, Katowice, Berlin)?

I thought about the GK mole-hole-system. Here are some ideas/questions/suggestions. Please feel free to criticize and comment!

Draft for basic recommendations for the GK mole-hole-system:
  1. The system is based on mole-to-mole (peer-to-peer) tunnels. A mole-hole-cache should have a single dedicated destination. A dedicated destination doesn´t mean a special cache - an arriving GK may appear in any cache within the destination area.
  2. The tunnel should work in both directions. It takes two GK friends to run a tunnel. Each partner is running a mole-hole-cache, collecting the GK and sending them over to the other partner, who is spreading the incoming GK in his home zone.
  3. The tunnel should cross a border or, if it is within a country, the distance between the mole-holes should be at least 500 km.
  4. GeoKrets in a mole-hole are impatient, so no GK should wait longer than two months for transportation.
  5. Each listing of a mole-hole-cache should include
    - a title "Mole-hole (specific name where the cache is located)" e.g. "Mole-hole Pomeranczarnia"
    - a subtitle "GeoKretExpress (departure area) - (destination area)" e.g. "GeoKretExpress Warszawa - Berlin"
    - a standard text, explaining the mole-hole-system (and maybe a link to geokrety.org/mole-hole-system?)
    - some information about the end of the tunnel (destination area, partner, partner-mole-hole-cache)
    - And probably detailed information about the mole-hole-cache and the neighbourhood, how to get there, hint, spoiler and so on.
Does that make sense to anybody? :wink: Grimpel

ps
Preparing a 70 x 16 cm drain tube
Obrazek

Mole-hole-cache almost ready!
Obrazek
Thathanka
Wyjadacz

Grimpel pisze:[*]The tunnel should cross a border or, if it is within a country, the distance between the mole-holes should be at least 500 km.
So, Warsaw has no alternative. From Gdansk I can sent at least to Krakow or Silesia. :wink: I'm joking - as far as I understood the main idea is to send moles abroad.

One thing is not clear. How to register GK moves on geokrety.org? Who should do it and when?
1. Droping to the mole-hole is registered by different geokrety.org users.
2. Grabing and sending abroad: by owner of the mole-hole.
3. Droping to the caches (in other country) is registered by owner of other mole-hole.

It means that something is missing between point 2 and 3 because owner of the mole-hole grab the moles but do not drop them.
May be it is not a problem - I do not know. What you think?
ODPOWIEDZ